Re: Optimizing the same PREPAREd static query (without parameters)

От Mitar
Тема Re: Optimizing the same PREPAREd static query (without parameters)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi!

On Mon, Jan 7, 2019 at 12:09 AM David Rowley
<david.rowley@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Jan 2019 at 18:54, Mitar <mmitar@gmail.com> wrote:
> > If I have a PREPAREd query without parameters (static) and I EXECUTE
> > it repeatedly in the same session, does PostgreSQL learn/optimize
> > anything across those runs?
>
> Yes, it will generate the query plan on the first invocation of
> EXECUTE and use that plan for all subsequent EXECUTEs for the session
> until you DEALLOCATE the prepared query or DISCARD PLANS/ALL;

So this sounds more like no? So the same plan is used, so PostgreSQL
is not further optimizing the plan based on any statistics or
anything?

Mitar

--
http://mitar.tnode.com/
https://twitter.com/mitar_m

Сообщение: Re: Optimizing the same PREPAREd static query (without parameters)
Сообщение: Re: Optimizing the same PREPAREd static query (without parameters)