Re: Problem with shortcut

От Murtuza Zabuawala
Тема Re: Problem with shortcut
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On Sun, Oct 8, 2017 at 4:35 AM, Charles Beaudette <charles.beaudette@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

I just installed the new version of PGAdmin 4 (v 2.0) on Windows 10 and I find it quick and responsive ! However, when trying to add a right angle bracket (on my actual keyboard configuration, canadian multilingual standard, it is mapped to alt + .) it uncomments the selected line of code, which should be the ctrl + . shortcut according to the official documentation. It is quite annoying and I was wondering if it was intended to be so ?
What I found is, Right angle bracket is not mapped to
 Alt + .
​​

but
​ to ​
Ctl + Alt + .
 on canadian multilingual standard keyboard.
In JavaScript when the key press event is triggered we check for key combinations to take appropriate action, In your particular use case it is matching to
Ctl + . ​
​ ​
key
binding which is for uncommenting inline code.

The logic to handle key press event is,
If(
event.ctrlKey
​ &&​
 event.keyCode =
​=​
=
​PERIOD_KEY) {
  ...uncomment code...
}

By the way, I was able to reproduce the issue without ​canadian multilingual standard keyboard
​ layout​
, just by pressing
Ctl + Alt + .  on query tool.

Please report this issue here