Re: PATCH: To fix the issue in Debugger module (pgAdmin4)

От Murtuza Zabuawala
Тема Re: PATCH: To fix the issue in Debugger module (pgAdmin4)
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi Dave,

PFA updated patch for the same.

Issue:
We were not properly fetching result from server in case of direct debugging when we restart debugging of same object.

Thanks to Neel for helping in this issue.

Please review.

--
Regards,
Murtuza Zabuawala

On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 5:32 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 12:53 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 12:42 PM, Murtuza Zabuawala
> <murtuza.zabuawala@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>> Hi Dave,
>>
>> I faced the same issue when I initially tried that, but then as per Neel
>> suggestion I changed SELECT pg_sleep() to PERFORM pg_sleep() in function.
>> You will face the same in pgAdmin3 if you use select pg_sleep() in your
>> function the debug call never returns from DB server.
>
> In which case, doesn't that imply the debugger is missing critical
> debug info? If I run the query in the query tool, I get:
>
> ====
> INFO:  EMPNO    ENAME
> INFO:  -----    -------
> ERROR:  query has no destination for result data
> HINT:  If you want to discard the results of a SELECT, use PERFORM instead.
> CONTEXT:  PL/pgSQL function list_emp() line 11 at SQL statement
>

> Query returned successfully in 2 secs.
> ====
>
> It seems to me that the debugger should be able to give the same error.
>
> Regardless of that, I'll test with PERFORM.

Which I just did - and whilst it seemed to be fine when stepping
through, after a few iterations I hit the continue button, at which
point it froze again on "PERFORM pg_sleep(2)", didn't print any more
of the 14 names in the emp table, and didn't return :-(

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: RM1849: Auto-generating security keys
Сообщение: Re: RM1849: Auto-generating security keys