Re: Feature #3061

От Murtuza Zabuawala
Тема Re: Feature #3061
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hello,

First of all I'm assuming that you have some degree of knowledge about Python, HTML, JS & Git.

We have had added similar feature recently.
Code location of Dashboard module in git repository: ../pgadmin4/web/pgadmin/dashboard

There are 3 requirments in the ticket,
1) disable/enable some widgets (widget - Server Sessions | Transactions per second | Tuples in etc)
We have done this for all the graphs in one shot, now user can enable/disable all the graphs via preferences dialog.
You can refer the commit as a reference if you want to add this functionality for each individual graphs.

2) add custom/user specify widgets
- First of all, You need to provide an option to Create new dashboard dialog, Update existing dashboard dialog option and also to delete those existing custom dashboards on dashboard page.
- You have to create a separate table in sqlite3 database to store the data for that user defined dashboards like Dashboard name, SQL etc.
- You also have to provide option to use to choose what type of graph user wants (Line chart, Pie chart, Table etc)
- Size & location of the graph/table.

3) add user role with access only to dashboard
This needs further discussion with community members if we really need this or not.

You can refer README for more information regarding how to run pgAdmin4.

Let us know if you need any help.

--
Regards,
Murtuza Zabuawala