Re: PATCH: Added Node Type & Catalog objects [pgAdmin4]

От Murtuza Zabuawala
Тема Re: PATCH: Added Node Type & Catalog objects [pgAdmin4]
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi Dave,

Please find updated patch.

On 16-Mar-2016, at 6:32 pm, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:

Hi

OK, I think it's in pretty good shape now. Here's what I hope are the
last of the review comments, mostly minor things :-)

- I'm allowed to edit ENUM label names, but PostgreSQL doesn't support that.
Done

- Security label fields resize in Edit mode. See recent changes by
Arun to fix that elsewhere.

Done

- When editing a type, I cannot select a Grantee on the Privileges tab.

This is general issue with privilege control.
[We will add it in TODO list]

- When adding a composite type, I cannot type/select directly in the
grid, I have to expand the row.

Because currently in Backgrid we do not have functionality like if I edit one cell second cell re-renders according the value of first cell,
If we expand and select the type the other two fields (length & precision)are dependent on the value of type for composite types they become enable/disable accordingly.

- If I click ADD to add a new member to a composite type whilst the
previous row is expanded, the new row is added, but the expanded panel
remains linked to the first row.

- If I then click on the Edit button on the new row, I see two
expanded panels, neither of which is attached to their row (and
they're in the wrong order). I would only expect to see one panel at a
time.

This is general with sub-node collection control.
[We will add it in TODO list]

- When creating an External type, the Input, Output, Send, Receive and
Analyze function lists are all blank. Is this expected? I would have
thought there would be system functions listed as there are for Typmod
in/out.

Dave, I was not able to test External type functionality completely because it requires external type which is not inbuilt in postgres.
Once you create that custom type using C/C++ code, it will be listed in those combobox by sql we are using to fetch external function types added by user in postgres.

- Labels for Yes/No fields should typically end in a '?', e.g.
"Variable?", "Preferred?”

Done
- s/Prefered/Preferred

Done
- Why does "Range" type have a frame around it?

So that we can make visible/hide all the control/elements related to Range type as whole instead having separate code for each control/element.
That frame is because we used ‘FieldsetControl’ of backform to group all the elements of Range type.

- If a field is there to select/display a function, it should have
"function" at the end of its label, e.g. "Canonical function”

Done
- As above, but with type. E.g. "Element type”
Done
- Some of the combo boxes have hint text of "Select from the list",
whilst others don't. This should be consistent.

Done
- The colouring of "No" on the switches should be blue (see "System Schema?")

Done
- s/Subtype/Sub-type/

Done
- s/SubType diff/Sub-type diff function/

Done
- Please remove the pre-9.1 support.

Done
- In def create(self, gid, sid, did, scid), ensure error messages are
properly pluralised, e.g. 'Composite types require at least two
members' or 'External types require both Input & Output conversion
functions.’

Done
- additional_features.sql is poorly formatted (lack of proper indentation)

Done
Thanks!

--
Dave Page