Re: Should we add GUCs to allow partition pruning to be disabled?

От David Rowley
Тема Re: Should we add GUCs to allow partition pruning to be disabled?
Дата
Re: Should we add GUCs to allow partition pruning to be disabled?  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 10 May 2018 at 14:01, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> I'm thinking something a bit more radical.  First, since partition
> pruning is the future and constraint exclusion is soon to be a thing of
> the past, we should describe pruning first, and then describe exclusion
> in terms of pruning.

But... that's not true.  The chapter describes inheritance partitioned
tables too, and we're not getting rid of constraint exclusion because
it's needed for those. However, that might not mean your patch has to
be changed. I'd better have a look...

Сообщение: Re: Should we add GUCs to allow partition pruning to be disabled?
Сообщение: Re: Should we add GUCs to allow partition pruning to be disabled?