Re: Using POPCNT and other advanced bit manipulation instructions

От David Rowley
Тема Re: Using POPCNT and other advanced bit manipulation instructions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 20 Dec 2018 at 20:17, Gavin Flower
<GavinFlower@archidevsys.co.nz> wrote:
> Looking at the normalized standard deviations, the patched results have
> a higher than 5% chance of being better simply by chance.  I suspect
> that you have made an improvement, but the statistics are not convincing.

Yeah, I'd hoped that I could have gotten a better signal to noise
ratio by running the test many times, but you're right.  That was on
my laptop.  I've run the test again on an AWS instance and the results
seem to be a bit more stable. Same table with 1 int column and 100m
rows. statistics set to 10.

Unpatched

postgres=# analyze a;

Time: 38.248 ms