Re: Should we add GUCs to allow partition pruning to be disabled?

От David Rowley
Тема Re: Should we add GUCs to allow partition pruning to be disabled?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 24 April 2018 at 09:10, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
> I just pushed David patch, with some pretty minor changes.  I hope not
> to have broken anything.

Thanks for pushing and thanks Amit for reviewing.

The only thing that stands out in the actual commit is:

+        executor to remove (ignore) partitions during query execution.  The

I had originally written:

+        executor to remove or ignore partitions during query execution.  The

The reason I was using "remove or ignore" was that partitions pruned
during init plan are effectively "removed" from the plan, whereas
partitions pruned during the running of the planner are just
"ignored".

It's minor details but I thought I'd better point it out.