Re: Error while executing initdb...

От David Rowley
Тема Re: Error while executing initdb...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 31 Dec 2018 at 17:43, Rajib Deb <Rajib_Deb@infosys.com> wrote:

> Dear All
> I put a printf statement in the "main.c" code and built it. Later when I tried to execute INITDB, I got the following
error

> The program "postgres" was found by xxxx but was not the same version as initdb.Check your installation
>
> After some analysis, I figured out that this error is being generated because "ret" code from "PG_CTL.c" is returning
anon zero return code while it is comparing the line and versionstr in "exec.c". It looks like while reading the line
in"pipe_read_line" method, it is concatenating the printf statement with the postgres version(postgres
(PostgreSQL)xxxxx).

> I thought this probably is a defect and maybe the buffer needs to be flushed out before reading it in
"pipe_read_line"method. Before doing further investigation and putting a possible fix, I thought to check with this
groupif it is worth putting the effort.

From looking at the code, it appears what happens is that
find_other_exec() calls "postgres -V" and reads the first line of the
output, so probably what's going on is you're printing out your
additional line even when postgres is called with -V or --version...
Would it not be easier just not to do that?

От: Kohei KaiGai
Сообщение: Re: add_partial_path() may remove dominated path but still in use
От: Pavel Stehule
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] proposal: schema variables