Re: Unable to Vacuum Large Defragmented Table

От David Rowley
Тема Re: Unable to Vacuum Large Defragmented Table
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 8 Apr 2019 at 10:09, Igal Sapir <igal@lucee.org> wrote:

> I have a table for which pg_relation_size() shows only 31MB, but pg_total_relation_size() shows a whopping 84GB.
>
> The database engine is running inside a Docker container, with the data mounted as a volume from a partition on the
host'sfile system.

> When I try to run `VACUUM FULL`, the disk usage goes up until it reaches the full capacity of the partition (about
27GBof free space), at which point it fails.

That sort of indicates that the table might not be as bloated as you
seem to think it is.  Remember that variable length attributes can be
toasted and stored in the relation's toast table.

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: Unable to Vacuum Large Defragmented Table
От: Igal Sapir
Сообщение: Re: Unable to Vacuum Large Defragmented Table