Re: pgsql: Support partition pruning at execution time

От David Rowley
Тема Re: pgsql: Support partition pruning at execution time
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 11 April 2018 at 03:42, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> 2. Do we want to revert Andrew's test stabilization patch?  If I
>> understand correctly, the problem is the inverse of what was diagnosed:
>> "any running transaction at the time of the test could prevent pages
>> from being set as all-visible".  That's correct, but the test doesn't
>> depend on pages being all-visible -- quite the contrary, it depends on
>> the pages NOT being all-visible (which is why the HeapFetches counts are
>> all non-zero).  Since the pages contain very few tuples, autovacuum
>> should never process the tables anyway.
>
> I did not especially like the original test output, because even without
> the bug at hand, it seemed to me the number of heap fetches might vary
> depending on BLCKSZ.  Given that the point of the test is just to check
> partition pruning, seems like IOS vs regular indexscan isn't a critical
> difference.  I'd keep Andrew's change but fix the comment.

hmm, I don't feel strongly about reverting or not, but if
[auto-]vacuum has not visited the table, then I don't see why BLCKSZ
would have an effect here.

Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Support partition pruning at execution time
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Support partition pruning at execution time