Re: NL Join vs Merge Join - 5 hours vs 2 seconds

От David Rowley
Тема Re: NL Join vs Merge Join - 5 hours vs 2 seconds
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 18 Dec 2018 at 09:21, Kumar, Virendra
<Virendra.Kumar@guycarp.com> wrote:
> I tried query with function dependency statistics but it did not help. I don't see we can create such statistics on
tablejoin.

There's mention of why this is the case in the docs in [1]:

"14.2.2.1.1. Limitations of Functional Dependencies

Functional dependencies are currently only applied when considering
simple equality conditions that compare columns to constant values.
They are not used to improve estimates for equality conditions
comparing two columns or comparing a column to an expression, nor for
range clauses, LIKE or any other type of condition."

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/planner-stats.html