Re: Patch to improve a few appendStringInfo* calls

От David Rowley
Тема Re: Patch to improve a few appendStringInfo* calls
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 22 December 2015 at 01:58, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, Jul 2, 2015 at 6:08 AM, David Rowley
<david.rowley@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> I left out the changes like
>>
>>> -               appendStringInfoString(&collist, buf.data);
>>> +               appendBinaryStringInfo(&collist, buf.data, buf.len);
>>

>> because they're not an improvement in readablity, IMHO, and they were not
>> in performance-critical paths.
>
> Perhaps we can come up with appendStringInfoStringInfo at some later date.

concatenateStringInfo?

 According to grep -rE "appendStringInfoString\(.*\.data\);" . we have 13 such matches. None of them seem to be in very performance critical places, perhaps with the exception of xmlconcat().

Would you say that we should build a macro to wrap up a call to appendBinaryStringInfo() or invent another function which looks similar?

--
 David Rowley                   http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/