Re: Tid scan improvements

От David Rowley
Тема Re: Tid scan improvements
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 1 Aug 2019 at 17:57, Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 1, 2019 at 5:51 PM Edmund Horner <ejrh00@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I tried moving it to the new commitfest, but it seems I cannot from
> > its current state.
>
> Done.  You have to move it to "Needs review" first, and then move to
> next.  (Perhaps we should change that... I don't think that obstacle
> achieves anything?)

I think it's there as a measure to try to trim down the number of
patches that are constantly bounced to the nest 'fest that are still
waiting on author.  In my experience, it's a little annoying since if
you don't set it to "needs review" first, then it means closing the
patch and having to create a new CF entry when you're ready, with all
the history of the previous one lost.

It seems reasonable to me to keep the patch in the queue if the author
is still actively working on the patch and it seems pretty unfair if a
last-minute review came in just before the end of the CF and that
means their patch must be "returned with feedback" instead of pushed
to the next 'fest.

Perhaps there are other measures we could take to reduce the number of
patches getting kicked out to the next CF all the time. Maybe some
icons that appear if it's been waiting on author for more than 2
months, or if it went through an entire CF as waiting on author.