Re: Speeding up INSERTs and UPDATEs to partitioned tables

От David Rowley
Тема Re: Speeding up INSERTs and UPDATEs to partitioned tables
Дата
Re: Speeding up INSERTs and UPDATEs to partitioned tables  (Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 1 November 2018 at 13:35, Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> On 2018/11/01 8:58, David Rowley wrote:
>> On 1 November 2018 at 06:45, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I think a better way to shorten the name would be to truncate the
>>> PartitionTupRouting() prefix in some way, e.g. dropping TupRouting.
>>
>> Thanks for chipping in on this.
>>
>> I agree. I don't think "TupRouting" really needs to be in the name.
>> Probably "To" can also just become "2" and we can put back the
>> Parent/Child before that.
>
> Agree that "TupRouting" can go, but "To" is not too long for using "2"
> instead of it.

Okay. Here's a version with "2" put back to "To"...

It's great to know the patch is now so perfect that we've only the
macro naming left to debate ;-)

Вложения