Re: commitfest 2018-07

От David Rowley
Тема Re: commitfest 2018-07
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 6 June 2018 at 03:17, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> On 2018-06-06 03:14:58 +1200, David Rowley wrote:
>> On 6 June 2018 at 02:20, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> > I thought the idea was to clear out the underbrush of small, ready-to-go
>> > patches.  How old they are doesn't enter into that.
>>
>> I don't recall a 'fest where small ready to go patches getting
>> anything but priority.
>
> I'm not following what you mean. Tom's referencing a discussion at the
> developer meeting last week...

I mean that if the idea was to use the July 'fest to just process the
small patches that are ready to go, then I didn't see the point as
those ones are generally the first to get looked at anyway.  It's the
big patches that take the time.  Getting rid of the smaller ones first
has always made sense since it reduces the list and admin time
maintaining the status page.

I personally think that some of the trouble we have on the final 'fest
is due to 4 fests not being enough for larger patches and people (I'll
include myself) are often stubborn to concede to waiting another year.
If larger patches can get looked at even earlier, then perhaps the
situation will be slightly better in March 2019.