Re: Needless additional partition check in INSERT?

От David Rowley
Тема Re: Needless additional partition check in INSERT?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 9 June 2018 at 03:24, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> I was also wondering about introducing a new function call in this path
> where previously was none.  Given the amount of other stuff that's
> happening when a tuple is inserted, I suppose it's not worth worrying
> about in terms of making this an inline function in the header.

I wondered about that too. I've not tested it again, but I do have
another patch locally which can about double the speed of COPY FROM
for partitioned tables, so I have to admit I did gawk at the
additional function call idea, but I'd rather see this fixed than on
the shelf, so I went with it.

I'll leave it up to you to how you'd like to format the if statement.
I've written it the way I'm happy with.

Сообщение: Re: Bug in either collation docs or code
Сообщение: Re: Bug in either collation docs or code