Re: Minor code improvements to create_foreignscan_plan/ExecInitForeignScan

От David Rowley
Тема Re: Minor code improvements to create_foreignscan_plan/ExecInitForeignScan
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 10 July 2015 at 21:40, Etsuro Fujita <fujita.etsuro@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
To save cycles, I modified create_foreignscan_plan so that it detects
whether any system columns are requested if scanning a base relation.
Also, I revised other code there a little bit.

For ExecInitForeignScan, I simplified the code there to determine the
scan tuple type, whith seems to me complex beyound necessity.  Maybe
that might be nitpicking, though.

I just glanced at this and noticed that the method for determining if there's any system columns could be made a bit nicer.

/* Now, are any system columns requested from rel? */
scan_plan->fsSystemCol = false;
for (i = FirstLowInvalidHeapAttributeNumber + 1; i < 0; i++)
{
if (bms_is_member(i - FirstLowInvalidHeapAttributeNumber, attrs_used))
{
scan_plan->fsSystemCol = true;
break;
}
}

I think could just be written as:
/* Now, are any system columns requested from rel? */
if (!bms_is_empty(attrs_used) &&
bms_next_member(attrs_used, -1) < -FirstLowInvalidHeapAttributeNumber)
scan_plan->fsSystemCol = true;
else
scan_plan->fsSystemCol = false;

I know you didn't change this, but just thought I'd mention it while there's an opportunity to fix it.

Regards

David Rowley

--
 David Rowley                   http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/