Re: Speed up transaction completion faster after many relations areaccessed in a transaction

От David Rowley
Тема Re: Speed up transaction completion faster after many relations areaccessed in a transaction
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 8 Apr 2019 at 14:54, Tsunakawa, Takayuki
<tsunakawa.takay@jp.fujitsu.com> wrote:

> From: 'Andres Freund' [mailto:andres@anarazel.de]
> > Did you see that people measured slowdowns?
>
> Yeah, 0.5% decrease with pgbench -M prepared -S (select-only), which feels like a somewhat extreme test case.  And
thatmight be within noise as was mentioned.

> If we want to remove even the noise, we may have to think of removing the LocalLockHash completely.  But it doesn't
seemfeasible...

It would be good to get your view on the
shrink_bloated_locallocktable_v3.patch I worked on last night. I was
unable to measure any overhead to solving the problem that way.

От: "Tsunakawa, Takayuki"
Сообщение: RE: Speed up transaction completion faster after many relations areaccessed in a transaction
От: Etsuro Fujita
Сообщение: Re: Back-branch bugs with fully-prunable UPDATEs