Re: Switching to 64-bit Bitmapsets

От David Rowley
Тема Re: Switching to 64-bit Bitmapsets
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 21 Dec 2018 at 06:26, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Pushed with some fiddling with the comment.

Great. Thanks!

> I wasn't excited about the test case you offered --- on HEAD, it pretty
> much all devolves to file access operations (probably, checking the
> current length of all the child relations).  Instead I experimented
> with an old test case I had for a complex-to-plan query, and got these
> results:

oh meh. I forgot to mention I was running with plan_cache_mode =
force_generic_plan and max_parallel_workers_per_gather = 0. If you
tried without those then you'd have seen a massively different result.

Your test seems better, regardless.

Сообщение: Re: lock level for DETACH PARTITION looks sketchy
Сообщение: Re: lock level for DETACH PARTITION looks sketchy