Re: Speeding up INSERTs and UPDATEs to partitioned tables

От David Rowley
Тема Re: Speeding up INSERTs and UPDATEs to partitioned tables
Дата
Re: Speeding up INSERTs and UPDATEs to partitioned tables  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 9 November 2018 at 19:18, Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> I have a comment regarding how you chose to make
> PartitionTupleRouting private.
>
> Using the v14_to_v15 diff, I could quickly see that there are many diffs
> changing PartitionTupleRouting to struct PartitionTupleRouting, but they
> would be unnecessary if you had added the following in execPartition.h, as
> my upthread had done.
>
> -/* See execPartition.c for the definition. */
> +/* See execPartition.c for the definitions. */
>  typedef struct PartitionDispatchData *PartitionDispatch;
> +typedef struct PartitionTupleRouting PartitionTupleRouting;

Okay, done that way. v16 attached.

The 0002 patch is included again, this time with a new proposed commit
message.  There was some discussion over on [1] where nobody seemed to
have any concerns about delaying the locking until we route the first
tuple to the partition.

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/25C1C6B2E7BE044889E4FE8643A58BA963B5796B@G01JPEXMBKW03

Вложения