Re: Parallel Aggregate

От David Rowley
Тема Re: Parallel Aggregate
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 3 December 2015 at 19:24, Haribabu Kommi <kommi.haribabu@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 4:18 PM, David Rowley
<david.rowley@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just wanted to cross post here to mark that I've posted an updated patch
> for combining aggregate states:
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAKJS1f9wfPKSYt8CG=T271xbyMZjRzWQBjEixiqRF-oLH_u-Zw@mail.gmail.com
>
> I also wanted to check if you've managed to make any progress on Parallel
> Aggregation? I'm very interested in this myself and would like to progress
> with it, if you're not already doing so.

Yes, the parallel aggregate basic patch is almost ready.
This patch is based on your earlier combine state patch.
I will post it to community with in a week or so.

That's great news!

Also note that there's some bug fixes in the patch I just posted on the other thread for combining aggregate states:

For example:  values[Anum_pg_aggregate_aggcombinefn - 1] = ObjectIdGetDatum(combinefn);
was missing from AggregateCreate().

It might be worth diffing to the updated patch just to pull in anything else that's changed.

 --
 David Rowley                   http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/