Re: using index or check in ALTER TABLE SET NOT NULL

От David Rowley
Тема Re: using index or check in ALTER TABLE SET NOT NULL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 11 Jun 2019 at 03:35, Sergei Kornilov <sk@zsrv.org> wrote:
> > Does anyone think we shouldn't change the INFO message in ATTACH
> > PARTITION to a DEBUG1 in PG12?
>
> Seems no one wants to vote against this change.

I'm concerned about two things:

1. The patch reduces the test coverage of ATTACH PARTITION. We now
have no way to ensure the constraint was used to validate the rows in
the partition.
2. We're inconsistent with what we do for SET NOT NULL and ATTACH
PARTITION. We raise an INFO message when we use a constraint for
ATTACH PARTITION and only a DEBUG1 for SET NOT NULL.

Unfortunately, my two concerns conflict with each other.