Re: pg_input_error_info doc 2 exampled crammed together

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: pg_input_error_info doc 2 exampled crammed together
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sunday, April 28, 2024, jian he <jian.universality@gmail.com> wrote:

after checking the definition of <programlisting>[1], <screen>[2],
maybe here we should use <screen>

Possibly, though I’d be curious to see how consistent we are on this point elsewhere before making a point of it.

and also add `(1 row)` information.

Doesn’t seem like added value.

or we can simply add a empty new line between
` value "42000000000" is out of range for type integer |        |      | 22003`
and
`</programlisting>`

My preference would be to limit this section to a single example.  The numeric one, as it provides values for more output columns.  I would change the output format to expanded from default, in order to show all columns and not overrun the length of a single line.

David J.