Re: PG12 change to DO UPDATE SET column references

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: PG12 change to DO UPDATE SET column references
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Saturday, January 20, 2024, James Coleman <jtc331@gmail.com> wrote:

Well, egg on my face for definitely missing that in the docs.

Unfortunately that doesn't explain why it works on PG11 and not on PG12.

It was a bug that got fixed.  I’m sure a search of the mailing list archives or Git will turn up the relevant discussion when it happened; though I suppose it may just have been a refactoring to leverage the consistency with update and no one realized they were fixing a bug at the time.

David J.