Re: ERROR: out of shared memory

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: ERROR: out of shared memory
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Wed, Nov 2, 2016 at 3:55 PM, Michael Moore <michaeljmoore@gmail.com> wrote:
David,
I think that: ...

Method 1
create temporary table if not exists  temp_rslt of ypxportal2__fgetquestions  on commit drop;

is not functionally equivalent to

Method 2
drop table if exists temp_rslt;
create temporary table  temp_rslt of ypxportal2__fgetquestions  on commit drop;

For example:

step 1. A calls B
step 2.     B creates temp_rslt table    (substitute Method 1 or Method 2 at this step)
step 3.     B inserts one record into temp_rslt
step 4.     B returns, without error, to A -- note, no commit is done
step 5.     repeat #1

If, at step 2, we use Method 1, then  count(*) temp_rslt will never be more than 1.
If, at step 2, we use Method 2, then  count(*) temp_rslt will increment with each iteration of steps 1 thru 5.

Make sense?

​You missed the part where you immediately TRUNCATE the table after conditionally creating it...

David J.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: ERROR: out of shared memory
Сообщение: Re: ERROR: out of shared memory