Re: Thoughts on "Love Your Database"

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Thoughts on "Love Your Database"
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wednesday, May 18, 2016, Adam Brusselback <adambrusselback@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 1:54 PM, Raymond O'Donnell <rod@iol.ie> wrote:
> Having said all that, I've rarely had any trouble with pgAdmin 3 on
> Windows 7 and XP, Ubuntu and Debian; just a very occasional crash (maybe
> one every six months).

So just to chime in, it has not been at all that stable for my team and I.  It's not bad when connections are all stable or you're connecting to a local instance, but if the connection between you and the server isn't perfect... it's one of the least stable pieces of software I've ever used.

I'm sure for those who's servers are hosted locally, and you connect through a lan, or those with a decent provider, it works much better than for me.
My team is all remote though, and we don't have an office. Each of my employees connects using their own internet connection, with varying reliability.  Servers hosted on a cloud provider.  Crashes happen multiple times a day for most.

Have you tried interjecting pg_bouncer into the flow?  Probably on the client machine.

David J.