Re:

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re:
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, May 17, 2021 at 7:13 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> On Monday, May 17, 2021, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> It looks like it won't be started if you set
>> max_logical_replication_workers = 0.

> I was wondering about that.  Would you mind posting a link to the code
> where that is checked?  I actually looked though admittedly not that hard.

See ApplyLauncherRegister() in src/backend/replication/logical/launcher.c.
That's called from PostmasterMain().  It doesn't actually *launch* the
process, but it creates the background worker record that causes it to
be started a little later.

Thanks (to you to Dilip).

Given this, should the configuration description for this include the "This parameter can only be set in postgresql.conf file or on the server command line." comment, as well as the fact that 0 disables the logical replication subscribing feature altogether, and precludes the background worker scheduler process from launching at startup?

max_logical_replication_workers (int)

David J.