Re: Missing table from in INSERT RETURNING

От David G Johnston
Тема Re: Missing table from in INSERT RETURNING
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 1:08 PM, John McKown [via PostgreSQL] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I haven't seen any one else reply. I don't know if you've gotten a solution. But the following seemed to work for me:

​mine apparently got bounced...​

WITH serie AS (
select s, s*10 as computing
from generate_series(1,10) as s
)
INSERT INTO test_insert_returning (some_value)
SELECT computing
FROM serie
RETURNING gid, some_value;

​or, "RETURNING some_value / 10"​

From my reading on the RETURNING phrase, you can only return values from the table into which you are doing the INSERT. Not any other table or view which might be referenced.

​This is correct; and I am curious on the use case that requires otherwise.​

​David J.​

Сообщение: Re: Missing table from in INSERT RETURNING
Сообщение: Re: Missing table from in INSERT RETURNING