Re: [GENERAL] why isn't this subquery wrong?

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: [GENERAL] why isn't this subquery wrong?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 3:17 PM, jonathan vanasco <postgres@2xlp.com> wrote:
postgres doesn't raise an error because example_a__data does have a bar_id -- but example_a__rollup doesn't and there's no explicit correlation in the query.

​Subqueries can see all columns of the parent.  When the subquery actually uses one of them it is called a "correlated subquery".

See another recent question on this topic for more details:

Unfortunately at present everyone here seems content answering this on the list semi-frequently instead of updating the docs and/or FAQ section of our wiki.  The topic is covered (I think...) but not easily found (I failed to just now...) - and harder when you don't know what to call it in the first place.

David J.

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] why isn't this subquery wrong?
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] why isn't this subquery wrong?