Re: pg_dump ignore CASTs when using --schema

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: pg_dump ignore CASTs when using --schema
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Mar 4, 2016 at 11:23 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Felix Ostmann <felix.ostmann@gmail.com> writes:
> > we have a problem with pg_dump and CAST.
>
> Casts don't have names, therefore they don't have schemas, therefore
> a dump that is restricted to a particular schema won't select them.
> So this isn't a bug; it's operating as designed.
>
> This is kind of unfortunate in many scenarios, but it's hard to see a
> principled way around it.  You might propose something like pretending
> that a cast is in the same schema as its implementation function, but
> what about casts that have no implementation function?  Likewise,
> tying it to the schema of either the input or the output datatype
> seems arbitrary and about as likely to be wrong as right.

=E2=80=8BBegs the question - why don't we just name them and allow them to =
be
placed in a schema?

OR

They have to exist somewhere...can we add an explicit pg_dump option to
target them specifically?

i.e., pg_dump --dump-unnamed

David J.

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: BUG #13844: Logical decoding bug with subxact + row locking
От: Thomas Munro
Сообщение: Re: BUG #13920: pg_try_advisory_xact_lock bigint trouble