Re: Importing from CSV, auto creating table?

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Importing from CSV, auto creating table?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wednesday, August 21, 2019, Ron <ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com> wrote:
On 8/21/19 4:15 PM, stan wrote:
I have a situation where we need to import data, as an interim measure,
from spreadsheets.

I have read up on \copy and COPY, but I do not see that either of these can
use the header from a CSV file to define a new table. Am I missing
something?

Data types.  Sure, you've got column names from the header line, but what types do you assign them?

Text.  I’m gonna post-process anyway, casting to better types isn’t a problem.

David J.