Re: Ambiguous usage of 'any' in explanation

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Ambiguous usage of 'any' in explanation
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Saturday, October 13, 2018, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
On Sat, Oct 13, 2018 at 12:25:38PM +0300, KES wrote:
> >or NULL if any of the comparisons result in unknown
> result in unknown??

Well, SQL has a three-valued logic, and UNKOWN values are treated like
NULL.  For me they have always been the same, and I would like to avoid
"unknown" in this context, if possible.

I was just trying to avoid using the word null twice in the same sentence but it’s not a strong aversion.

David J.