Re: Getting the queried result in the form of json structure

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Getting the queried result in the form of json structure
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 4:32 AM, msn <pioneer.suri@gmail.com> wrote:
I am using postgresql for my webapplication. I am new to this
Postgresql-json. I Just want to get the select query result in the form of
json structure.
Here are my details:

    Create table
    ============
    - create table sample(id, serial, info jsonb);
    Insert query
    ============
    - insert into sample("info") values('{"person": {"phone":
9804484234,"name":{"firstname":"Alice", "lastname":"bob"}, "empId": "E067",
"age":25}');

    select query:
    =============
    select "info"->'person'->>'lastname' from sample;

    result: bob

    but I want to get the above result along with the json nodes like below:

    result: {"person":
              {"name":
                {"lastname":"bob"}
              }
            }

could any tell me how to get my expected result structure from database.

​I'm reasonably certain this is not provided for by PostgreSQL.  The lack of any affirmative response would tend to support my conclusion.

I imagine you can write a function that accomplishes this goal by obtaining the found value as each element level, as well as keeping track of depth, and constructs a json value itself from the results.

David J.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Getting the queried result in the form of json structure
Сообщение: Re: Getting the queried result in the form of json structure