Re: pg_restore -t should match views, matviews, and foreign tables

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: pg_restore -t should match views, matviews, and foreign tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 1:33 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> On 3/31/15 11:01 PM, Craig Ringer wrote:
>> this patch adds support for views, foreign tables, and materialised
>> views to the pg_restore -t flag.

> I think this is a good change.  Any concerns?

Are we happy with pg_dump/pg_restore not distinguishing these objects
by type?  It seems rather analogous to letting ALTER TABLE work on views
etc.  Personally I'm fine with this, but certainly some people have
complained about that approach so far as ALTER is concerned.  (But the
implication would be that we'd need four distinct switches, which is
not an outcome I favor.)

​The pg_dump documentation for the equivalent "-t" switch states:

​"Dump only tables (or views or sequences or foreign tables) matching table"

Does pg_dump need to be updated to address materialized views here?

Does pg_restore need to be updated to address sequences here?

ISTM that the two should mirror each other.

David J.