Re: Wrong note in the information schema section?

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Wrong note in the information schema section?
Дата
Re: Wrong note in the information schema section?  ("Daniel Westermann (DWE)" <daniel.westermann@dbi-services.com>)
Список pgsql-docs
On Monday, August 30, 2021, David G. Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:
On Monday, August 30, 2021, Daniel Westermann (DWE) <daniel.westermann@dbi-services.com> wrote:

>Practically speaking there must be some level of scope where a duplicate name error can occur.  All the docs say is that the schema >scope is not it.  You've demonstrated that it is the table scope where duplication of names is detected.

Thanks, David. The sentence above is still misleading, at least according to my understanding.

Create a second table and add a constraint of the same name to it.

And your error is actually because the name of the unique index backing the constraint is a problem, not the name of the constraint itself.  Try naming a check constraint.

David J.