Re: [BUGS] BUG #14859: Config file parsing is allergic to spaces onlast line of file

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: [BUGS] BUG #14859: Config file parsing is allergic to spaces onlast line of file
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Oct 17, 2017 at 7:44 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
boatcoder@gmail.com writes:
> Edit your pg_hba.conf file, add a space (without a new line) at the end of
> the file.
> Attempt to start postgres.  It will fail with messages like this.

Hmph.  I can reproduce this in 9.6 and earlier, but not in v10 or HEAD.
Apparently somebody fixed it by accident.  Looking ...

​Probably as a side-effect of:

"​Add view pg_hba_file_rules to display the contents of pg_hba.conf"

to v10 (you can probably find the commit hash faster than I).

David J.

Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] BUG #14859: Config file parsing is allergic to spaces on last line of file
Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] BUG #14859: Config file parsing is allergic to spaces on last line of file