Re: Weird return-value from pg_get_function_identity_arguments() oncertain aggregate functions?

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Weird return-value from pg_get_function_identity_arguments() oncertain aggregate functions?
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 2:47 PM, David G. Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 2:19 PM, P O'Toole <P.OToole@uwyo.edu> wrote:

According to the System Information Functions docs, pg_get_function_identity_arguments(OID) should simply "get argument list to identify a function (without default values)", but one example of how it behaves strangely is that:

SELECT pg_get_function_identity_arguments('pg_catalog.percentile_disc(DOUBLE PRECISION[], ANYELEMENT)'::REGPROCEDURE)

​FWIW a simple \dfS percentile* will elicit the same description.

I suppose it depends on what you are using the output for - the (percentile*) functions that are decorated with ORDER BY are exclusively aggregate, as opposed to standard, functions.

In this case I'd say the supposed bug is that GRANT ON FUNCTION doesn't accept the signature of a valid CREATE AGGREGATE​ even though our existing implementation uses it as an implementation mechanism for both (i.e., we don't have a separate GRANT ON AGGREGATE).

David J.

Сообщение: Re: Weird return-value from pg_get_function_identity_arguments() oncertain aggregate functions?
Сообщение: Re: Weird return-value from pg_get_function_identity_arguments() on certain aggregate functions?