Re: Wrong security context for deferred triggers?

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Wrong security context for deferred triggers?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Jun 8, 2024 at 2:37 PM Joseph Koshakow <koshy44@gmail.com> wrote:

Something like
`SECURITY INVOKER | SECURITY TRIGGERER` (modeled after the modifiers in
`CREATE FUNCTION`) that control which role is used.

I'm inclined toward this option (except invoker and triggerer are the same entity, we need owner|definer).  I'm having trouble accepting changing the existing behavior here but agree that having a mode whereby the owner of the trigger/table executes the trigger function in an initially clean environment (server/database defaults; the owner role isn't considered as having logged in so their personalized configurations do not take effect) (maybe add a SET clause to create trigger too).  Security invoker would be the default, retaining current behavior for upgrade/dump+restore.

Security definer on the function would take precedence as would its set clause.

David J.

Сообщение: Re: Wrong security context for deferred triggers?
Сообщение: Re: Wrong security context for deferred triggers?