Re: Fast default stuff versus pg_upgrade

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Fast default stuff versus pg_upgrade
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 9:37 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
The problem here is that that function does not exist in 11beta1.
Since adding the "incoming" function is certainly going to require
initdb, we have to be able to dump from the server as it now stands,
or we'll be cutting existing beta testers adrift.

I was under the impression that we don't promise to support a "v10 -> beta -> rc -> final" upgrade path; instead, once final is released people would be expected to upgrade "v10 -> v11".  Under that condition requiring users to do "v10 -> beta2" instead of "beta1 -> beta2", while annoying, is well within the realm of possibility and expectation.

David J.