Re: parameter limit

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: parameter limit
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thursday, April 23, 2020, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 4/23/20 7:33 AM, Scott Ribe wrote:
In libpq, PQexecParams has nParams as type int. So on any reasonable platform, that's at least 4 bytes. My question then is: when I see documented limits of 65535 params in various drivers and libraries, that is NOT a restriction of libpq nor of the protocol, but rather an arbitrary limit of the driver/library, correct?

No.

src/interfaces/libpq/fe-exec.c

if (nParams < 0 || nParams > 65535)
        {
                printfPQExpBuffer(&conn->errorMessage,
                                                  libpq_gettext("number of parameters must be between 0 and 65535\n"));
                return 0;
        }

Or, from the specification for the Bind Message in the documentation:

 Int16

The number of parameter values that follow

David J.