Re: Is this pgbouncer configuration suitable for aproduction environment with hundreds of databases?

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Is this pgbouncer configuration suitable for aproduction environment with hundreds of databases?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 3:29 PM, Lisandro <rostagnolisandro@gmail.com> wrote:

The question is: can I set default_pool_size=0

​ISTM parameter would be better named (i.e., mentally remembered as) "default_maximum_pool_size" ... and a zero for that seems like you'll render your system inoperable since:

"Notice that I don't set a pool_size for every database, but instead I use
the general default_pool_size.

> *My goal is to find a pgbouncer configuration that allows me to add
> databases without worring about reaching the postgresql max_connection=200
> limit. How can I achieve that?*

The presence of open issue # 103 on GitHub implies that what you want to do is not possible.

David J.