Re: New "function tables" in V13 documentation

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: New "function tables" in V13 documentation
Дата
RE: New "function tables" in V13 documentation  (Kevin Brannen <KBrannen@efji.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 12:20 PM Kevin Brannen <KBrannen@efji.com> wrote:
Go to the string funcs/ops page in v13, and try to quickly find the ones that return an "int" (because your goal is to find the position of something in a string so you know the return value will have to be an "int").

That is not something I considered...I figured people would look for a name that seems to reflect "position" or "in_string".  I've never felt the need to search based upon return type.

Designing pages to the smallest media just frustrates those users on larger media (cue the many examples on the web where the left/right margins are so wide half of your screen is wasted instead of letting the text flow and resize).]

It is just as bad it is so wide that one has to move their head instead of just moving their eyes.  If anything our tables could probably be improved by enforcing a maximum width to the content area.

David J.