Re: [DOCS] Failing example for to_number()

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: [DOCS] Failing example for to_number()
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Mon, Aug 21, 2017 at 7:55 AM, Erwin Brandstetter <brsaweda@gmail.com> wrote:
On top of this (separate issue?) ',' and '.' are ***not*** interpreted according to the current LC_NUMERIC setting. I.e.: even with (example) Austrian locale, ',' still is interpreted as group separator and '.' still is the decimal point.
It seems those just follow standard meaning without locale (C locale) - while 'D' and 'G' pattern symbols enforce locale specific format. It took me a while to untangle this and I suspect many people will fail to understand it.

​Table 9-26 on that page says "(uses locale)" for D and G, the user is left to deduce that since comma and period do not have that qualifier that they are not locale dependent.​

I guess there should be some more explanation.

I don't really agree but I wouldn't discourage someone from submitting a patch.

David J.