Re: Fresh eyeballs needed: input into error

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Fresh eyeballs needed: input into error
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Apr 26, 2022 at 2:54 PM Rich Shepard <rshepard@appl-ecosys.com> wrote:
On Tue, 26 Apr 2022, Adrian Klaver wrote:

> I'm guessing some sort of hidden character.

Adrian,

Oh, ... forgot to mention in my response that the MWE values were added to
the template in emacs while I get the same error using psql -d <database> -f
<filename> in a v.t. or entering 'insert into people values (...)' within
the psql shell.

All throw the same error.

What version of PostgreSQL?

Testing on HEAD (and by inspection) nothing you've shown us provokes a syntax error in PostgreSQL.

regression=> insert into people (person_nbr,lname,fname,job_title,company_nbr,loc_nbr,
regression(> loc_phone_ext,direct_phone,direct_fax,cell_phone,email,active,comment) values
regression-> (6000,'No','Name',null,404,1,null,null,null,null,null,null,null);
ERROR:  relation "people" does not exist
LINE 1: insert into people (person_nbr,lname,fname,job_title,company...

No syntax error, that it didn't find the table is expected.

Copied and pasted right from your email.

David J.

Сообщение: Re: Fresh eyeballs needed: input into error
Сообщение: Re: Fresh eyeballs needed: input into error