Re: PG_VERSION_NUM formatted incorrectly

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: PG_VERSION_NUM formatted incorrectly
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Jan 22, 2018 at 11:39 AM, Kieran McCusker <kieran.mccusker@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi

I was looking at an issue with ogr_fdw where it is trying to get the PG_VERSION_NUM when I noticed that in Postgresql 10.1 this is declared as:

#define PG_VERSION_NUM 100001

But shouldn't it be

#define PG_VERSION_NUM 100100

or am I being dense, in which case sorry to have bothered you.

​Beginning with v10 the middle two digits with ALWAYS be zero - only the first two (major release) and last two (patch version) are changed.  10.1 means v10 with the first patch release, unless 9.6 which is a major version ​in its own right and, with patch version, reads 9.6.3

David J.