Re: pg_dump seems to be broken in regards to the "--exclude-table-data" option on Windows.

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: pg_dump seems to be broken in regards to the "--exclude-table-data" option on Windows.
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Jul 28, 2020 at 3:40 PM <tutiluren@tutanota.com> wrote:
(I don't now how I'd link to it.)

Messages and threads in the mailing list archive I mentioned before can be linked to.

There I go through everything with full commands and a minimal test database (which I also describe how I created).

I don't see how I could possibly create a smaller or clearer example of the issue.

A psql script for setup would increase the self-contained nature of the test.  In Linux I'd also use something like grep to test the output file and/or script outputs.  More generally the test script should probably include pg_restore and then various psql commands to check that the resulting restored database contains the expected data.

That said, If I was setup for experimenting in Windows, probably including compiling, the provided information is enough to put together a complete test case to experiment with.

Whatever "strange things" cmd.exe does clearly doesn't show up for my cross-platform PHP CLI script. (I guess it's theoretically possible that PHP for Windows does some sort of "processing" automatically which pg_dump lacks, but I doubt it.)

The PHP script you show is a pure client-only script.  The observed behavior is occurring in a client-server architecture, specifically in the communication interface between the two.  It's also, quite probably, not restricted to pg_dump (a more useful test script would include trying to demonstrate the problem using just psql, probably using the -v option).

David J.

Сообщение: Re: pg_dump seems to be broken in regards to the "--exclude-table-data" option on Windows.
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump seems to be broken in regards to the "--exclude-table-data" option on Windows.