Re: [DOCS] Row Level Security Policies documentation doesn't mentionlack of support for views

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: [DOCS] Row Level Security Policies documentation doesn't mentionlack of support for views
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
The CREATE VIEW documentation links to

which covers this dynamic in considerable detail (and there is a blurb on the CREATE VIEW page as well), and specifically:

"Relations that are used due to rules get checked against the privileges of the rule owner, not the user invoking the rule."

It does feel like an additional blurb about views and a link to the above page would be warranted on the ddl-rowsecurity.html page.

David J.

On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 5:09 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:

Stephen, is there anything missing in our docs related this issue?

On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 02:25:11PM +0000, deinspanjer@gmail.com wrote:

> Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/ddl-rowsecurity.html
>
> The policy documentation page is great, and the example in it is very
> informative, but I just discovered a major flaw in our implementation of it
> that I would like to see mentioned in the documentation.
>
> If you create a view on a table, any queries against the view are in the
> context of the view creator rather than the actual current user.
>
> So, in the example on the page, if the admin creates a view of the passwd
> table and grants access to this view, alice would no longer be subject to
> any of the RLS policies as long as she used the view instead of the real
> table.
>
> --

  Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>        http://momjian.us
  EnterpriseDB                             http://enterprisedb.com

+ As you are, so once was I.  As I am, so you will be. +
+                      Ancient Roman grave inscription +