Re: Specify bytes storage for enum data types

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Specify bytes storage for enum data types
Дата
Список pgsql-docs

On Wednesday, May 4, 2022, PG Doc comments form <noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/14/datatype-enum.html

I love Postgres !! And also its documentation !!

While reading through data types, it occurred to me that most ( if not every
) other data types has a chart on the top saying how many bytes it
occuies.
Like all numerical, date or char data types.

For enum it would be nice to have that info as well.
I am assuming it is variable ? May be 1 or 2 bytes for the definition and
the rest depending on the enum values ?

A clarification would be nice !

Second to last sentence on the page.

Storage only measures the size of a single value on a data row.

David J.