Re: BUG #13938: CAST error on Index "function must be immutable"

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: BUG #13938: CAST error on Index "function must be immutable"
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Sat, Feb 13, 2016 at 1:58 AM, Kurt Wei=C3=9F <kurt@kwnet.at> wrote:

> but the workaround is running well and get's rated as "IMMUTABLE" though
> returning timestamp and interval...
> So maybe the allowness for setting the function in the workaround to
> immutable will be the bug?

=E2=80=8BThat may be the case but teaching PostgreSQL to understand functio=
ns to
that degree is extremely challenging and of marginal benefit.  If we ever
did get that far the user-specification of volatility would just go away -
but as things stand now you need to be truthful and help the system
understand what level of volatility your function requires.

David J.
=E2=80=8B